CAN YOU BELIEVE THANKSGIVING HAS ALREADY COME AND GONE!? Here at our practice we love this time of year and the wonderful spirit it brings. A whole day dedicated to gratitude and humilitywhat an amazing holiday to participate in each year!
Here are a few, fun Thanksgiving Facts that you may not know:
- Turkey contains an amino acid that makes you sleepyhowever, its the combination of that AND all the carbs and fats we consume that leave us all napping on the couch after our Thanksgiving meals!
- The Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade actually wasnt the first department store Thanksgiving parade. The Philadelphia department store, Gimbels, sponsored the first in 1920. However, the Macys parade was launched four years later, and soon became a Thanksgiving tradition when it was made even more popular by the movie Miracle on 34th Street which was released in 1947.
- Domesticated turkeys are slow birds that cant fly. Wild turkeys are smaller, more agile, much faster, and can fly short distances.
- Benjamin Franklin wrote a letter to his daughter suggesting that the wild turkey would be a more appropriate national symbol for the United States than the bald eagle, as it was more respectable, a true origin of native America, and a bird of courage.
- In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the short, jerky movements of turkeys inspired a ballroom dance called the Turkey Trot.
- Native Americans used cranberries, now a staple Thanksgiving dish, for cooking as well as medicinal purposes.
In honor of this beautiful season, and the attitude of thankfulness that spreads across the country, we want to let you know how grateful we are for all of youour wonderful patients and friends. Where would we be without your loyalty and support?
So, thank you. Thanks for making us excited to come to work every day. Nothing makes us happier than seeing your smiling faces each day in our practice. You inspire and motivate usand we love serving you.
We hope you had the happiest of Thanksgivingsand don’t forget to floss and brush after all that leftover turkey and pie! (We had to throw in at least one plug for oral care!)
What are YOU thankful for this year? We’d love to hear your thoughts, so please feel free to leave a comment below or on our Facebook page!