Did You Know…
A Few Other Random, Dental-Related Tidbits
The first chewing gum was chiclesap from Sapodilla trees. Chicle dates back to Aztec times when people boiled and cut it into blocks.
- You may have once heard that George Washingtons false teeth were made of wood. They werent. They were made of ivory, lead, and hippopotamus teeth.
- The average person produces 100,000 gallons of saliva during their lifetimeenough to fill 200 bathtubs!
- Before toothbrushes, people used shredded twigs to clean their teeth.
- An average person exerts 30-40 pounds of pressure per square inch with their jaw muscles.
- One in 2,000 babies is born with some teeth already grown in. Usually, these extra teeth can be pulled and the child will still grow a full set of baby teeth.
- During the Middle Ages, some people believed that kissing a donkey would relieve a toothache, and that stealing someones tooth could help them grow a new one of their own. Silly folks.
- Rabbits and squirrels teeth never stop growing. They continuously wear them down by gnawing on whatever is handy.
Now, Become A Teeth Expert In 30 Seconds
We Just Wanted To Share A Few Fun Things!
As a rule, we tend to be pretty serious most of the time when it comes to your orthodontic care and our services. But we all need to lighten up once in a while. Lifes too short. Our team hopes youve enjoyed some of these fun things and trivia.
Do you have any random facts of your own to share? Let us know by commenting below or sending us a message on our Facebook page. We love hearing from you!