- Aligners should be worn for at least 22 hours per day. Aligners should be in at all times except when you are eating or brushing your teeth.
- Each aligner is to be worn 7 to 14 days, as prescribed by the Doctor.
- Your aligners are removable, allowing you to brush and floss normally. Keeping the aligners clean is just as easy. Use toothpaste and a tooth brush to brush along the inside and outside of the aligner and rinse with water.
- Clear beverages such as water are okay to drink with your aligners in. If you drink any colored, sugary or hot beverages your aligners should be removed to prevent staining of the aligner as well as having the sugar sit in the trays and cause dental decay.
- Whenever you remove your aligners always place them in one of the two cases provided. We recommend you always keep a case with you everywhere you go, and to keep one at home.
- Even if they are in a case please put them in a safe spot. Keep them away from your pets at home, that way they do not get a hold of them and chew them up.
- When moving to the next aligner, always keep the previous one. Never throw away your aligners! This way if you ever lose or break an aligner you can switch back into the previous aligner so no unwanted tooth movement occurs. If this happens please call our office right away!
- While playing a sport you are able to keep the aligners on. If your sport requires a mouth guard you are able to place the mouth guard over the aligners.
- While wearing your aligners make sure to use the “chewies” we give you at your visit. Chew on them for at least 10 seconds per tooth for 10 minutes each day. This helps the aligner sit fully onto your teeth.
- If elastics are prescribed to you to wear during treatment they should be worn for at least 22 hours per day. They are worn at all times your aligners are in day and night! Please change them 3 to 4 times per day.
If you have any questions regarding Invisalign, please contact us. L&M Orthodontics is proud to serve as Elite Invisalign Orthodontists. The doctors and staff at L&M Orthodontics would be happy to answer any of your questions